We finally were able to see the popular revival of Pippin. The magic! The stunts! The Andrea Martin!
Patty & Emily are pleased to announce that the 2nd Annual Patty & Emily Shmazie Awards winners and honorable mentions will be revealed on Monday, June 3rd at 10:00am via YouTube.
Beginning in the 2012-2013 season, the Patty & Emily Shmazie Awards will now recognize ‘Exceptional’ work in the theatre and shall retire the use of ‘Best’ to describe winners in any category.
After careful consideration the eligibility committee has come to the following decisions regarding the following awards categories:
For the 2012-2013 season, the following awards will be suspended:
· The Kerry Butler Shmazie Award for Ageless Beauty
· The “Did You Know Her Son Was Blind?” Shmazie Award for Disabled Acting
· Best Ass of an Actor
· Best Ass of an Actress
· Best Concert
· Best Comeback
· Best Backup Vocals
For the 2012-2013 season, due to the overwhelming success of kids on Broadway, the Child Acting categories have been broken down into the follow:
· Exceptional Child Actor in a Musical
· Exceptional Supporting Child Actor in a Musical
· Exceptional Child Actress in a Musical
· Exceptional Supporting Child Actress in a Musical
For the 2012-2013 season, due to the outstanding achievements in wig design, the Exceptional Wig category has been broken down into the following:
· Exceptional Wigs
· Exceptional Male Wig
· Exceptional Female Wig
For the 2012-2013 season, the following awards will be added:
· The ChristianeNollRagtime Shmazie for Exceptional Reinterprative Acting
· Exceptional Quick Changes
· Exceptional Sound Design
· Exceptional Dream Ballet
· Exceptional Revival of a Musical with a New Book by Douglas Carter Beane
 Due to the unfortunate abundance of coat tails on both male and female actors, as well as loose fitting dress
 We regret that this category was completely forgotten about last season.
Patty & Emily are out hitting the streets again, this time spreading the good word about Carolee Carmello’s miraculous powers.